Free Call on September 24th: The Doula Interview
A few times each year I offer a free conference call workshop as my gift to each of you. Too often we are so busy supporting our lovely clients that we forget to nourish ourselves. This is a chance to take one simple hour to nurture your birth practice, and yourself as an entrepreneur. Join me Wednesday September 24th at 10am PST for another great call, offering you tips and creative ideas for the doula interview.
It’s a pretty great feeling when you leave an initial doula interview with absolute confidence that you Will be hired. Still, we all have times when we may leave feeling unsure, self-judgmental, or find out that the awesome client we thought would be 100% has hired another doula. This free call will explore each stage of what happens when we meet with a potential client for the first time. We will identify ways you can improve how you prepare for the interview, learn about their needs without giving them a free prenatal class that same night, share more about your practice style, and follow-up afterwards.
Be sure to join the Birth your Business facebook page above for more great resources and to suggest future call topics.
Listen to Past Call Recordings
Please enjoy some of the recordings from past calls I have featured below. Plus, you are always welcome to schedule a free 20 minute phone call with me to talk about your practice & learn about business doula care.
- Creative Marketing with Pinterest (2014) How to use Pinterest as a social media tool for your birth practice.
- Grow your Birth Practice with Facebook (2013) Key tips to help you build your presence and engage on facebook.
- Using Sliding Scale & Barter in your Birth Practice (2013) Sliding scale fees, bartering, & the gift economy and your birth practice.
- Your Fabulous Birth Business Website (2013) Want your website to shine? Learn my five top tips to improve your online presence.
- Marketing Your Birth Practice (2012) How can your marketing reflect your practice style and values? Holistic Marketing 101.
- Welcoming Client Feedback (2012) Unhappy client? Learn innovative & positive ways to respond to client feedback.
- Occupy Your Community (2011) How can we play a positive role in our communities in challenging economic times?
- Birth Business Plan 101 (2011) Do you really Need a business plan? My perspective on how to Enjoy the process & benefits.
- The Cost of Doula Care (2011) How to set your fees as a doula and communicate your worth to clients.
Doing Business Our Way
As a Business Doula I get to talk with birth business owners around the world, and often they express a discomfort with the advice provided by standard business coaches and blogs. We provide extraordinary care to the families we serve – and in my opinion, this challenges us to market ourselves in a way that respects our relationship-based care & values as birth professionals. Business plans, SEO, budgets, marketing, website development can all take on new meaning when you approach them from a holistic marketing framework. I hope these free resources will provide you with a solid foundation as you birth and grow for your practice.